Full-time Bilingual Youth Literacy Specialist
This is an FLSA Classified Non-Exempt Position. The Bilingual Youth Literacy Specialist is a full time position for 40 hours per week to support the healthy development and academic success of children and equip parents with tools to strengthen family bonds and community engagement.
- Work with El Sol’s Case Managers to identify children and family needs in our community.
- Support and strengthen the relationship with our local schools including Jupiter Elementary School, Limestone Creek Elementary School, Jerry Thomas Elementary School, Jupiter Middle School and Jupiter Community High
- Coordinate with the ELL teams at each school
- Connect parents with native language translation/interpretation at the schools.
- Assist our clients and their families in academic placement
- Assist our clients and their families in school registration
- Assist our clients and their families in volunteering at their schools including PTO and
- Facilitate opportunities for students to utilize computers at El Sol, local schools and
- Access community resources to meet the needs of our clients and their
- Promote opportunities for individual tutoring, group literacy and leadership enrichment for school aged children ages six to eighteen years
- Research and identify scholarships for quality affordable child care and early learning
- Provide information/workshops to ensure children are developing appropriately both socially and
- Organize child-care program for parents who are attending classes at El Sol Programs
- Math with Lego, Read-A-Recipe for Literacy, Art Classes, Music,
- Train and supervise volunteers from the broader local community for one-on-one and group tutoring.
- Coordinate background checks for volunteers in Child Development Programs
- Organize educational field trips; College readiness
- Assist with coordination of El Sol’s fun and educational six-week Sunshine Summer
- Assist with coordination of El Sol’s School for Parents classes for families to help strengthen parenting skills and foster communication in their
- Assist with coordination of JTAA programs for our clients
- Assist with other events like Children’s Holiday Party, Back to School Bash etc
- Program Support: Provide Technical and logistical supports for large programs that require the staff to work as a team. Contribute in scheduled staff meetings. Be creative with program development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Childhood Development or equivalent with 3 years’ experience dealing with underserved communities and diverse population
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Able to work within a team setting and able to provide conflict resolution with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Computer skills
- Cultural Sensitive Background
Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to Suzanne@friendsofelsol.org.
Volunteers are an integral part of our community. Please consider helping us in our mission to improve the lives of Northern Palm Beach County residents by providing services to those in need. For more information, email our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com