El Sol Executive Director
El Sol, Jupiter’s Neighborhood Resource Center seeks to fill a position for a full-time executive director to lead this organization into the next phase of its development. El Sol is a 501(c)3 nonprofit whose mission is to improve the quality of life of all the residents of Northern Palm Beach County by providing services to those in need, especially day laborers and their families. El Sol promotes a harmonious integrated community in which all people can achieve their highest potential. We seek to be the model for other communities dealing with day laborers.
El Sol provides a number of services to the Jupiter community, including a labor center, adult education, vocational training, legal services, health and wellness services, a community garden, daily hot meals, a food pantry, a summer camp, and a variety of community service projects. The director supervises twenty-nine full and part-time employees and oversees these programs.
The executive director reports to the board of directors and has overall responsibility for the successful operation of the organization. The executive director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization in the areas outlined below to meet the goals set by the board.
- Continually develop positive organizational culture
- Hire, supervise and evaluate staff members
- Implement effective personnel policies and procedures, and update accordingly
- Directly Supervise Chief Operating Officer, Chief Program Officer, Communications Coordinator, Development Associate, and other staff as needed
- Update organizational chart as necessary
- Work directly with volunteers on select projects
- Supervise and ensure that financial systems and records are well-managed and that financial practices are implemented in accordance with Board approved guidelines and conform with legal requirements
- Manage the organization’s expenditures and ensure we run operations according to board approved budget
- Work with Chief Operating Officer, key staff members and Finance Committee to develop annual budget
- Work with Chief Program Officer to provide overall program supervision, and ensure progress towards strategic goals
- Provide direct program supervision and development as needed
- Analyze impact, conduct monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Actively engage with Board of Directors in strategic planning and visioning
- Ensure organization is meeting the Board approved vision and goals outlined in the Strategic Plan
- Address ongoing operational needs of the organization
- Initiate fundraising strategies. Manage full process of grant development, cultivate private donors, and work with Board for new resource development
- Provide effective and timely notifications, information and record keeping to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, to help its members make informed decisions
- Attend committee meetings relevant to these responsibilities and offer suggestions at the committee and Board Levels
- Serve as the face of the organization to the client population with frequent communication and input
- Establish and maintain partner relationships with community stakeholders
- Engage and steward our partners and donors including community groups, private and public organizations, government agencies, elected officials etc.
- Conduct presentations, participate in community meetings such as Non Profit Chamber, School District, Pedestrian Safety committee at the Town, Healthier Jupiter, etc.
- Work closely with community partners to recruit volunteers
- 4 year College Graduate
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish
- Cultural fluency in the regions of our majority client population (Central America and Mexico)
- Non-profit management experience
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and other commonly used software packages
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with multiple stakeholder constituencies (volunteers, staff, donors, local government, clients, board, etc.)
- Strong team-building and cooperative skills
- Strong organizational skills and record keeping (attention to detail is critical)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and motivate the rest of the team
- Skill in establishing priorities and managing workloads
Send a resume, letter of application, and contact information for at least three references saved as a single PDF document with the applicant’s last name to:
Chair, Executive Director Search Committee c/o Karen Clark
Volunteers are an integral part of our community. Please consider helping us in our mission to improve the lives of Northern Palm Beach County residents by providing services to those in need. For more information, email our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com