El Sol Chief Program Officer
This is an FLSA Classified Exempt Position. This is a full time position for 40 hours per week.
The Chief Program Officer reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for the supervision of El Sol’s programs, the management of all fiscal resources for each program, the supervision of all Program Staff, and the provision of quality services to the community.
- Plans, develops, and supervises programs. (50%)
- Strategic Plan development, monitoring and implementation. (10%)
- Evaluates program improvements and recommends policy to the Executive Director. (10%)
- Serves as the primary Program organization planner, setting goals and objectives and developing projections of needs and funding for each Program. (10%)
- Seeks funding and/or resources from a broad range of sources. (5%)
- Develops and maintains records and reports on Programs and services provided by the organization. (5%)
- Formulates budgets and maintains an accounting system that meets all federal, state, and local compliance standards. (5%)
- Be creative with program development. Prepares and submits regular budget and expenditure reports to the Executive Director. (5%)
- 4 year College Graduate with a Culturally Sensitive background
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish
- Technologically literate with strong computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and other commonly used software
- Strong internet skills, including use of e-mail programs and group messaging
- Strong organizational skills and record keeping (Attention to detail is critical)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Skill in establishing priorities and managing workload
- Strong people skills
The Chief Program Officer directly supervises Program staff. The Chief Program Officer reports to the Executive Director.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send a resume, cover letter, list of references and salary requirements to Jocelyn Skolnik, El Sol Executive Director. You can also reach out to her with any questions. Email email@example.com
Volunteer Coordinator (25 hours per week)
The volunteer coordinator provides professional staff support to El Sol’s volunteers. He/she is responsible for volunteer recruitment, placement, recognition, retention, supervision and coordination.
- Assist in the screening, orientation, training and placement of new volunteers.
- Coordinate and participate at recruitment and outreach events.
- Coordinate recognition ceremony, annual thank you letters, and quarterly volunteer meetings.
- Serve as the liaison between staff and volunteers; attend staff meetings.
- Provide office coverage and assist with accepting and sorting in-kind donations
- Assist with Special Events and monthly community service events
- Identify volunteer projects and help supervise one-time groups
- Coordinate court-ordered volunteers
- Communicate regularly with volunteers for check-in and appreciation for their efforts.
- Document and log volunteer hours in tracking system and provide reports.
- Collect and manage feedback from volunteers
- Assist tracking Ambassador’s program
- Provide assistance for volunteers as needed and when requested
- Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director
- Must have experience volunteering and/or managing volunteers
- Must be passionate about El Sol’s mission and energetic in regard to volunteer coordinator responsibilities
- Candidates bilingual in Spanish are strongly preferred
- Candidates with event planning experience are strongly preferred
Please send your resume to Karen Clark, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org