El Sol is searching for a part-time Kitchen Coordinator whose responsibility is to supervise the overall operations for the kitchen area of El Sol. The Kitchen Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director of El Sol.
Kitchen Coordinator Job Duties:
- Kitchen Cleaning and Maintenance: Ensure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly, and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards. Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following preventative maintenance processes.
- Kitchen Inventory: Responsible for ordering food products (and coordinating the Palm Beach Food Bank pick-ups) and supplies, tracking inventory, and ensuring those deliveries are received in correct unit count and condition.
- Kitchen Budget: Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Kitchen Volunteers: Serve as the Staff Liaison for the Hot Lunch Program volunteers. Provide training, information, and address feedback from volunteers.
- Sunshine Organic Community Garden: Ensure that vegetables and fruit from the Garden are utilized in every meal served through the Hot Lunch Program.
- Special Events: Assist with the coordination of kitchen during special events, as necessary.
- Administrative Tasks: Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned by Executive Coordinator.
Kitchen Coordinator Schedule: 7 am- 12 pm, Monday-Friday
Some weekends, some flexible hours may be required.
Kitchen Coordinator Pay Rate: $13/hour
We are accepting applications for the Kitchen Coordinator position for immediate placement. Please submit your resume and a cover letter to Jocelyn Skolnik at email@example.com
The Communications Coordinator is a full-time, 40-hour-a-week position. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for El Sol’s internal and external communications, marketing, and community outreach activities.
Communications Coordinator Job Duties:
- Work with Communications Committee and staff to develop marketing and communication plans that include social media, communication with clients (recruiting participation), communication with employers (hire-a-worker campaigns), volunteers, media, donors, and supporters.
- Develop a specific marketing plan applicable to each program at El Sol.
- Implement and monitor annual marketing plans, update calendars, prepare marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Prepare outreach reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Create and update promotional materials, keep materials ready in stock, place orders, and verify receipt.
- Coordinate and assist with special events including Art Fest, Soccer Tournament, and Holiday events.
- Participate in relevant community meetings, community activities and events, roundtables, and committees as assigned.
- Schedule and personally conduct outreach presentations.
- Maintain relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones.
- Maintain and update El Sol’s website.
- Prepare and monitor organization’s marketing budget.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Communications Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
- Must possess knowledge of general media relations, media contacts, and overall knowledge of journalism
- Must be passionate about El Sol’s Mission
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and with social media
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills are required
- Must has ability to effectively prepare and present information to various groups
- The ability to work independently or with others to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision is essential
- Knowledge of marketing principles to develop and implement strategies to promote El Sol programs is critical
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to give years of increasingly responsible relevant work experience, previous experience working in nonprofit field is desirable
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus
- Event planning experience a plus
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and an updated resume with 3 references by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
CASE MANAGER POSITIONS (2)
“El Sol”, Jupiter’s Neighborhood Resource Center is in the process of developing a new methodology for registering day laborers including a more effective orientation session and a guided vocational and educational plan intended to be in place by August 2016. For this purpose El Sol is in need of two case managers to oversee the requirements of the plan and its fulfillment once it is agreed.
The case manager (CM) is a part-time position that serves the purpose of accomplishing the workers care of goals. This will be done by assessing and monitoring their needs by evaluating mutual agreed plans and their progress; facilitating interdisciplinary approaches; and recommending an effective action plan for workers to be successful in their jobs.
Case Manager Job Duties:
- Assess new and past registered workers during orientation session at every registration process dates as scheduled by El Sol during the year.
- Admit new clients through the process of reviewing records and applications that requires a valid signed agreement between El Sol and the worker after conducting an orientation session as required.
- Determines clients requirements by completing intake interviews to the workers.
- Registers the worker for classes, trainings and workshops in agreement with their needs under a written plan to be developed and followed up every six months after the date of its signature.
- Establishes remedial actions to workers to be recommended at their point of evaluation by setting schedules and routines, coordinating services being provided, arranging resources, including transportation and escort.
- Monitors cases by verifying client attendance to classes and by observing and evaluating progress and responses
- Advocates for needed services that may be used by workers. El Sol will evaluate them and consider obtaining additional resources as applicable and possible as subject to funding availability.
- Maintains workers records on file and reviews cases and progress notes, logging events and behavioral attitudes towards the agreed plan.
- Communicates clients progress by conducting random interdisciplinary meetings and evaluations, disseminating results and obstacles to El Sol’s Associate Director and identifying strengths and weaknesses in the plan in close coordination with the Worker Development Coordinator.
- Prepares workers’ discharge at the end of a three year long term planning process by reviewing and/or amplifying discharge plans, coordinating discharge and post-discharge requirements, orienting and providing referral to additional resources as required.
- Improves workers self-esteem results by studying, evaluating, and recommending the re-designing of processes and /or the implementation of changes applicable to his or her work needs.
- Evaluates workers status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending actions to management on how workers are moving towards being more self-sustainable.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing actions and results with data and trends and compiling statistics.
- Monitors the implementation of a resume for each worker by inserting those skills acquired through the years at El Sol and/or outside of it.
Case Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Documentation and filing skills
- Analyzing information
- Able to work within a team in a professional environment
- Research skills using in-house computer systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish is a must
- People skills and able to accept different cultures in a diverse environment
- Capable of resolving conflict in a positive manner
- People management, integrity, and connecting with day- laborers
- In-house systems management as well as Microsoft office software competency at user level.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or equivalent is a must.
- At least three years of proven experience dealing with underserved communities and diverse population.
The CM is a part time position that considers a paid rate of $15.00 / hour for a total of 20 hours per week during 52 weeks a year.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and an updated resume with 3 references by email to: email@example.com no later than April 22, 2016.
Interviews will be held from April 25-29, 2016.