Read a Recipe for Literacy Coordinator (RRLC)
El Sol Jupiter’s Neighborhood Resource Center hosts a program in partnership with the Weinig Foundation to promote education and literacy in innovative and engaging ways. Targeting children ages 7-12, the program develops communication skills together with community outreach and promotes social integration.
The RRLC will report directly to El Sol’s Associate Director as part of El Sol’s educational programs.
The general description of duties and responsibilities for the RRLC is:
- Experience in literacy education with K-7 to 12 students
- Experience working with diverse communities and constituents
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Coordinate a creative curriculum-focused, for an average of 15-20 children ranging between 7 to 12 years old.
- Ensure that all students receiving support through Read a Recipe for Literacy program are making gains in their reading, writing and verbal communication abilities.
- Implement Read a Recipe for Literacy program and curriculum to address children’s learning needs.
- Organize and set-up El Sol center designated area to create an optimal learning environment.
- Inform about the program activities performed through a program report system under El Sol’s Associate Director’s supervision.
- Data entry through SERT’s so that El Sol quarterly reports can be accurate and delivered on a timely manner.
- Perform outreach community efforts to ensure the program is attended by children filing our available capacity.
- Purchase all program materials required as per budget limits.
- Engage children in the developing of social, literacy and communication skills involving El Sol’s Community Garden
- Engage volunteers from the community as required in the program.
- Others as required.
Work schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00PM to 9:00PM.
The position is funded considering 11 weeks during 3 terms a year.
Payment per hour: $ 20.00 per hour
Contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates must send a Resume and Cover letter not later than 08/29/2014 to Dora Valdivia/ Associate Director at email@example.com