REGISTRATION COORDINATOR (RC)
The selected Registration Coordinator (RC) will be in charge of El Sol’s registration process by managing the administration and assessment of applications to join El Sol services and supporting the administration for the award of a valid El Sol’s Identification card to the worker and /or community member after a signed participation agreement is completed with the individual.
This position will report to El Sol’s Associate Director and may have experienced volunteers assisting the process.
1. – Manage the effective and efficient administrative and financial processing of applications of all workers and community members in request of El Sol services.
2. – Keep accurate records of registrants on the Day labor program system and comply with all good practice guidance including: data protection and its security.
3. – Organize the recruitment and training of volunteers that may help in the process.
4. – Manage a quality assurance process to ensure the standard of registrants is maintained.
5. – Verifies the validity of the supporting documents that make an applicant eligible of El Sol services.
6. – Maintains a filing system in place of all witness forms and list of registrants at each registration session.
7. – Provides regular reports on the number of registrants and total income received in each registration session.
8. – Responsible of the order, security and fluency of the registration process as well as of the center while processing the applicants.
9. – Opens and closes the center in a secure manner to assure the registration process is done effectively.
10. – Maintains all required paperwork, material and supplies, forms and equipment in place to guarantee the registration process is done in an efficient manner.
11. – Coordinates with case managers the number of applicants that will be issued El Sol Identification cards (ID’s)
12.- Other that may be assigned.
1. – Windows Office and computer literate at user level.
2. – Knowledgeable in data input and processing.
3. – Bilingual (Spanish- English language) is a must.
4. – Excellent planning and organizational skills.
5. – Attention to detail and excellent communications skills.
6. – Comfortable working in a diverse environment with different cultural backgrounds.
7.- Understanding of data protection and data security issues.
The position requires 3 hours of work every Saturday from 2:30PM to 4:30PM at the rate of $10.00 per hour.
Conditions: The position considers a probationary period of 3 (three) months and the suitable candidate will have to successfully pass a background check.
All interested candidates, please send their Resumes and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 16, 2015 at 12:00AM.
KITCHEN COORDINATOR (KC)
El Sol is searching for a part-time Kitchen Coordinator whose responsibility is to supervise the overall operations for the kitchen area of El Sol. The Kitchen Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director of El Sol.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Kitchen Cleaning and Maintenance: Ensure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly, and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards. Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following preventative maintenance processes.
Kitchen Inventory: Responsible for ordering food products (and coordinating the PB Food Bank pick-ups) and supplies, tracking inventory, and ensuring those deliveries are received in correct unit count and condition.
Kitchen Budget: Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
Kitchen Volunteers: Serve as the Staff liaison for the Hot Lunch Program volunteers. Provide training, information, and address feedback from volunteers.
Sunshine Organic Community Garden: Ensure that vegetables and fruit from the Garden are utilized in every meal served through the Hot Lunch Program.
Special Events: Assist with the coordination of kitchen during special events, as necessary.
Administrative Tasks: Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Schedule: 7am – 12pm Monday – Friday.
Some Weekends, some flexible hours may be required
Pay Rate: $13/hour
El Sol is accepting applications for the Kitchen Coordinator position for immediate placement. Please submit your resume and a Cover Letter to Jocelyn Skolnik at Jocelyn@friendsofelsol.org.