Read a Recipe for Literacy Coordinator (RRLC)
El Sol Jupiter’s Neighborhood Resource Center hosts a program in partnership with the Weinig Foundation 1/ to promote education and literacy in innovative and engaging ways. Targeting children ages 7-12, the program develops communication skills together with community outreach and promotes social integration.
The RRLC will report directly to El Sol’s Associate Director as part of El Sol’s educational programs.
The general description of duties and responsibilities for the RRLC is:
- Experience in literacy education with K-7 to 12 students
- Experience working with diverse communities and constituents
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Coordinate a creative curriculum-focused, for an average of 15-20 children ranging between 7 to 12 years old.
- Ensure that all students receiving support through Read a Recipe for Literacy program are making gains in their reading, writing and verbal communication abilities.
- Implement Read a Recipe for Literacy program and curriculum to address children’s learning needs.
- Organize and set-up El Sol center designated area to create an optimal learning environment.
- Inform about the program activities performed through a program report system under El Sol’s Associate Director’s supervision.
- Data entry through SERT’s so that El Sol quarterly reports can be accurate and delivered on a timely manner.
- Perform outreach community efforts to ensure the program is attended by children filing our available capacity.
- Purchase all program materials required as per budget limits.
- Engage children in the developing of social, literacy and communication skills involving El Sol’s Community Garden
- Engage volunteers from the community as required in the program.
- Others as required.
Work schedule: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00PM to 9:00PM.
The position is funded considering 11 weeks during 3 terms a year.
Payment per hour: $ 20.00 per hour
Contact: Email: email@example.com
All candidates must send Resume and Cover letter not later than 07/29/2014 to Dora Valdivia/ Associate Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Program Coordinator (LPD)
El Sol Jupiter’s Neighborhood Resource Center runs a legal program that requires the support of a program coordinator that will serve through a part-time position. He/she will coordinate the legal program activities in our center under the Associate Director’s supervision and work with lawyer volunteers.
The general description of the duties and responsibilities for the legal program coordinator is:
Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related fields. The successful candidate will have computer skills knowledge of computerized legal research, MS Word and Excel; good or great organizational ability; knowledge of the fundamentals subjects of law with special attention to immigration law and labor law, good analytical skills, good communication skills and good clerical skills. The legal assistant must be completely bi-lingual in both English and Spanish. Must have driver’s license. Finally, he/she must have demonstrated competency dealing with different cultural backgrounds and diversity.
The LPD will assist in providing legal services and access to legal services to the clients of El Sol. He or she will also create a yearly calendar of activities and workshops with the purpose of providing educational orientation and referrals including Know Your Rights and other legal trainings to the population El Sol serves , assist in doing client intakes, will be familiar with our lawyer referral list, will keep office files organized, will be familiar with the immigration legal system, will assist in guiding clients through the legal system, and help prepare appropriate materials to assist clients who need to navigate the legal system.
The LPD may not provide legal advice directly to clients but refer them to a reliable source and be responsible to provide program data for both El Sol quarterly and annual reports.
Work schedule: The position is funded for ten hours per week, including at least one Saturday per month, from 10:00AM to 1:00PM
Payment per hour: $ 15.00 per hour
Contact: Email email@example.com
All candidates must send Resume and Cover letter not later than May 28, 2014